The successful candidate:
- Prospects and closes sales with potential new advertising clients in Prince Edward County, both businesses and non-for-profit organizations
- Maintains ongoing relationships with existing clients and acts proactively to ensure their advertising needs are met and clients are satisfied
- Conducts needs analyses with clients to ensure that advertising meets their objectives
- Makes recommendations for the type and duration of advertising which best fits client needs and which can be delivered efficiently given the station’s production and scheduling capability
- Coordinates the complete post-sale delivery process serving as the point of client contact through all steps including copy generation & approval, ad production & approval, scheduling, and follow-up on invoicing and payment collection (when required)
- Ensures that broadcast orders are correctly filled out, that confirmations reflect the client orders, and that order signoff is obtained
- Prioritizes sales efforts, especially outbound efforts, to ensure that clients with highest potential return get the greatest attention
- Writes ad copy as required
The successful candidate will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Share the station’s mission and commitment to serving the County
- Have a good knowledge of Prince Edward County
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be highly organized and attentive to details
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously managing multiple accounts at different points in the sales/production cycle
- Have good interpersonal skills, working effectively and respectfully with others in a team environment
- Possess basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment
- Be member in good standing of 99.3 County FM
- Previous sales experience an asset, radio sales preferred.
This commission-based sales position will have independent contractor status and be responsible for own expenses including phone, laptop/table and travel.
Send resume to email@example.com by Monday, February 22nd. No telephone calls please.