NOW HIRING: GENERAL MANAGER
99.3 County FM is seeking a General Manager.
Last year, broadcast industry veteran Jim (JJ) Johnston offered to serve as our interim General Manager for a transition period to get the 99.3 County FM on the air and into a sustainable position. As interim GM, part of his job is help us recruit, train and mentor his replacement. With his full-time commitment drawing to a close in the new year, the station is looking for his permanent replacement.
This is a permanent, full-time salaried position. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with creative, management and leadership skills. The ability to work with a team of volunteers is paramount. For information about the position and qualifications go to our website 993countyfm.ca
The General Manager is accountable to the board for organizational outcome measures established by the Board including revenue targets, cost targets and additional stakeholder measurements which have been included in grant applications (i.e. Trillium). The GM is responsible for the overall financial performance of the station (including fundraising, expense controls, receivables management) and for the successful operation of the station.
The GM reports regularly to the Board on progress to date and on issues arising requiring Board attention. (While the GM is required to attend board/committee meetings he/she is not a member of the board and has no vote.)
Key responsibilities include:
- liaise with and monitor sales personnel to ensure targets as set by the PECRC board are met
- build long lasting relationships with the sales and marketing client base
- evaluate programs from time to time
- initiate, create programs, as required
- monitor and manage volunteer on-air personnel which includes hosts of music/talk/news programs ensuring adherence to CRTC commitments/CBSC codes
- ensure the program schedule is performed to established committee standards
- implement and maintain an effective communication campaign
- creative idea generator for station and client promotional activity
- liaise, communicate, be active and available with and within the community
- market and promote the station effectively
- liaise and communicate with local media outlets
- responsible for recruitment, training and retention of all volunteers
- ensure Committee Code of Conduct policies are adhered to and that all volunteers/employees have signed document demonstrating understanding and commitment.
- act as principal contact with the National Campus and Community Radio Association (NCRA)
- maintain an effective communication program including promotion, awareness and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures for Volunteers/Staff, Compliance Director, Board and Board Chair.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have managerial and broadcast experience with demonstrated leadership skills. He/she will be a self-starter with superior creative and organizational abilities who enjoys public speaking, networking and is prepared to be the public face of 99.3 County FM. The successful candidate will have expertise in sales and finance and a good knowledge of current broadcast technology. Overseeing a large group of volunteers and reporting to a Board of Directors, the successful candidate must be at ease and enjoy working with a disparate group of people.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
For further information or to submit your resume, please email email@example.com.
Applications must be received by Monday, December 22nd.
No phone calls, please.