NOTICE: Five more sandbagging sites added
Sand and sandbags are now available at five additional locations for residents needing to protect against property damage due to high water levels.
Materials are available at the following sites:
- 15 Coleman Street, Ameliasburgh
- BayBridge Jeans, 5567 Highway 62, Rossmore
- Hiscock Shores cul-de-sac, Ameliasburgh
- Sunrise Drive cul-de-sac, Ameliasburgh
- 75 County Road 1, Sandy Hook Dome
And as of March 27th, now also at the following locations:
- Waupoos Community Centre, 2699 County Road 8 (North Marysburgh)
- South Marysburgh Fire Hall, 30076 County Road 10
- 35 County Road 14, Sophiasburgh
- Mariners Park Museum, County Road 10 and County Road 13, South Shore
- 230 Niles St., Wellington
Sandbags are available daily between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm. The sandbags are self-serve, and residents must bring their own shovels to fill bags.
The County reminds residents that social distancing is still in effect to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please maintain a distance of 2 metres/6.5 feet from one another when filling up sandbags.
The County continues to use its geographic information systems to identify areas that are potentially vulnerable to flooding. The Emergency Management Control Group is also actively monitoring the situation.
Read more about building a safe sandbag wall or watch this video.
Stay up to date on The County’s flood preparedness plans or find resources and tips to prepare for high water levels: http://bit.ly/PECFloodWatch. You can also sign up for flood updates by emailing email@example.com.