99.3 County FM, as an essential service to Prince Edward County, is constantly working to improve upon our ability to serve the residents and visitors of PEC. As part of our development we have received a contribution from the Community Radio Fund of Canada (CRFC) that allow us to further improve our ability to prepare and respond to public safety issues.
This year we are developing an Emergency Handbook, training volunteers, coordinating our efforts with emergency services in PEC, and acquiring the tools we need to further improve our broadcast capabilities in the event of an emergency.
When emergencies and disasters strike, Radio has a strong and specific role to play. We keep the community up to date with current events and advice. We deliver both practical steps to help each other and do our best to help reduce the impact of whatever confronts us.
As part of this process we offer a survey designed to bring issues top of mind.
Thank you for your participation.
Click here for the survey
Click here to see the initial results
Here are some resources we highly recommend for additional information to keep you safe. Please visit these sites to learn more and bookmark for quick access:
- Public Safety Canada’s website on emergency preparedness, GetPrepared.ca and the mobile version, m.GetPrepared.ca
- Canadian Red Cross: www.redcross.ca
- Environment Canada: www.ec.gc.ca
- St. John Ambulance: www.sja.ca
- The Salvation Army: www.salvationarmy.ca
- The Canadian Hurricane Center: www.ec.gc.ca/ouragans-hurricanes
- Sign up to receive regular safety tips from GetPrepared.ca.
- Follow Public Safety Canada and GetPrepared on Twitter:
- Public Safety Canada: @Safety_Canada
- GetPrepared: @Get_Prepared
- Your Emergency Preparedness Guide
- Emergency Preparedness Guide for People with Disabilities/Special Needs
- Emergency Preparedness for Children
- Pets and Service Animals
- Staying in touch during emergencies
- The County.ca website resource guide for Flood Watch